Thursday, September 20, 2012

My 40th birthday

I am 40 today! In celebration of 40 years of life I am going to start by saying I am grateful for the miracle of modern medicine. Without ultrasound Carter and I would not be here. I was 25 almost 26 when he was born via emergency C-Section. I am grateful for medical staff that spend all that time learning so I do not have to. I am thankful for the doctor who knew what Pagets disease of the breast was and sent me to a surgeon. (He was the third doctor I had visited) I am thankful for the people who spend their time finding was to cure cancer. The people who took care of me. We do not talk about the chemo process much but a few quick thoughts are due. I am thankful for my husband. It has been 10 year since we first chatted on hotsaints.com. Our first date was October 12, 2002 and we were married January 1, 2003. The reality of cancer came three months later. I am thankful that he stayed, he didn't have to. I am thankful that while I could do very little he loved the five children that were not his. I am thankful for levofloxacin. Chemo did not make me throw up, it crashed my immune system before the meds they give you to build up your red and white blood cell worked. So basically I laid in bed, prayed for a fever, took levafloxacin, felt better just in time to go back! But I am alive so I am thankful for chemo, too. 

I am thankful for my family, my sisters and sister-in-laws keep me laughing, and my brothers help when asked! I am thankful for my children: Kiersta who tries hard to keep her family fed and housed; Taylor who is really a marshmallow with a hard chocolate exterior; Martina who is my helper and does what I need done (she is going away soon and I will miss all the helping she does); Kielee who is rarely serious; Faith who is sweet and loves everyone; Carter who only wants to grow; Gabbie she also keeps the world laughing. I am especially thankful for Clarissa and Wesley. I had a dream when Ryan and I were first married of a curly haired blond little girl and a blond little boy about the same size. I marvel at the two of them everyday and the miracle that they are. 

I am thankful that my mom retired and moved into my basement. She keeps the teens laughing. She helps Faith say the things that should be said delicately politer then I adviser her too! She helps manage this crazy house full of teens.

I am thankful for my dad who is always willing to fix our car or advise us on how it should be done.

I am thankful for friends especially Tanya Sall, she helps me widen my perspective when it grows too narrow.

I am thankful for Shanna Hodges who lets me vent about teenagers and has been a great support when my husband was gone. 

I am thankful for my husband who I am very much in love with. He is the greatest man I have ever known!

I am thankful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ and repentance!





I am thankful to be 40 and not 16!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.