Our little homestead is a work in progress. This years motto: Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, or do without! We have a sweet flock of hens, 9 children (5 are adults and visit now and then) and 3 grandkids who are a delight. We believe in the atonement of Jesus Christ, that kindness is magic, that God created a amazing world for us, and that Life is an joyous adventure!
Friday, January 10, 2014
The End and the Beginning
2013 ended with happiness and sorrows and great excitement. My father- in -law past away right before Christmas, the kids were champs. He past away, then we celebrated Christmas, then we celebrated grandpa's life and said our goodbyes. We had a good Christmas Eve Dinner and a grand Christmas morning, all presents a success. Martina's mission papers were put in, finally! The new year started with the anticipation of a mission call coming, school starting and the hopes of another adventurous year. We are organizing and dejunking our house and prioritizing our activites this year. It seems the teens want to go camping more, do not get me wrong I like camping, except when the weather is not sunny and calm. I do not like camping in the rain or snow or extreme wind. It is not what I consider a vacation. I am willing to consider camping while en route to a vacation location or while at my vacation location but for it to be a vacation, I want to see places I have not been before. Keep you posted on how that works for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.