Our little homestead is a work in progress. This years motto: Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, or do without! We have a sweet flock of hens, 9 children (5 are adults and visit now and then) and 3 grandkids who are a delight. We believe in the atonement of Jesus Christ, that kindness is magic, that God created a amazing world for us, and that Life is an joyous adventure!
Friday, February 25, 2011
Update
Here is a quick update: I was downsized! I should be sad but I just am not! I am not sure where the extra money will come from but the kids are happier and so am I. Ryan was given a break from his second internship. While he was unemployed and I was off on weekends we planned a fabulous get away to southern Utah. (Right after we planned this trip I was let go. That is how thing work around here.) We had a grand time and enjoyed visiting friends. Thanks Jon, Kim and kids it was great to see you. Now for the children...Kiersta and Nick are good. He was downsized with me. So they are taking this opportunity to start a small business. The girls are wonderful and we love when they come over. They are expecting our first grandson in June! There are some boys who are excited about this. Taylor is working and paying bills! Martina is planning planning planning... the life of the Laurel president and Stake youth conference co-chairperson. Kielee is trying hard at school and doing well. Faith is bored most of the time and waiting for school to be done. Carter is going back on track Monday! Gabbie is doing well and sometimes wishes she wasn't so bored at school. Jessica is off track on Monday! (I just can't wait until there is no one in year round school!) Clarissa is sweet. She loves primary and gives us a full report of what she learns every Sunday. Last week she informed us that James 1:5 is the scripture that prompted Joseph Smith to go into the woods and pray and while he was praying. Lucifer hugged him really tight and he prayed and prayed and then he saw Heavenly Father and Jesus and Lucifer had to leave. He dad asked her what the scripture said and she answered "if you want to know ask God." Close enough for a four year old. Wesley is the funniest boy. He loves the nursery and is upset if he doesn't get to go! He doesn't talk much but that is part of his humors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
What I love most about Clarissa is her desire to learn new things like sewing, milking a goat, shooting a bow & arrow and a .22 r...
-
We head to Las Vegas via Ely , Eureka, Carvers, Round Mountain, Tonapah, Beatty with a quick stop in Rhyolite, we will be back to the Armag...
-
My husband has caught the FEVER! There is a junk/car collecting fever that runs in my family. Some of it useful and some of it not. My Grand...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.